Psycho is the second in a series of five double vinyl releases that bring together some of Ennio Morricone’s greatest soundtrack music. Each collection centres on a different movie genre, together they allow the listener to rediscover the unmatched genius of the greatest movie composer of all time. The Maestro.
This collection is dedicated to Morricone’s work with Italian directors spanning the late 1960s up to the 1980s. These scores accompany some darkly dramatic films, some veering into the realms of horror. The music highlights the psychological tension within the films and contrasts with his work in the USA during the same era. This is Morricone where he feels truly at home, working with the nuances and drama of the Italian psyche as laid bare by Italian filmmakers.
The package includes a 4-page insert with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano. The gatefold sleeve contains a red-spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside.
1. NEBULOSA SECONDA FROM “IL SEGRETO”
2. UN TRANQUILLO POSTO DI CAMPAGNA (SUITE' FROM “UN TRANQUILLO POSTO DI CAMPAGNA”
3. PRIMA DELLA RIVELAZIONE FROM “IL DIAVOLO NEL CERVELLO”
1. IL TRIO INFERNALE FROM “IL TRIO INFERNALE”
2. PERCUSSIVAMENTE FROM “LE FOTO PROIBITE DI UNA SIGNORA PERBENE”
3. COPKILLER (SINFONIA DI UNA CITTA'' FROM “COPKILLER”
4. ASSASSINIO SUL LAGO FROM “IL SERPENTE”
1. FRAZIONE FROM “DIMENSIONI SONORE”
2. LA CITTA' SI MUOVE FROM “LEGAMI”
3. MILLE VOLTE UN GRIDO FROM “CITTA' VIOLENTA”
4. MUSICA PER 11 VIOLINI FROM “UN TRANQUILLO POSTO DI CAMPAGNA”
1. IL BISTURI FROM” LA CORTA NOTTE DELLE BAMBOLE DI VETRO”
2. VENUTA DAL MARE FROM “ECCE HOMO – I SOPRAVVISSUTI”